The Cebu Marathon is considered by many running experts as one of the Philippines’ best marathons. Noted running journalist and blogger Jaymie Pizarro (The Bull Runner) gave the Cebu Marathon a perfect “5 stars” after joining last year.
The inaugural Cebu Marathon 42K race, the “01-10-10” event, was organized last January 10, 2010. Early this year, the Cebu Marathon was held in Jan. 8, 2012.
This coming 2013, the Cebu Marathon will be held on January 13 (Sunday). The start and finish line is at the Cebu I.T. Park (formerly Asiatown I.T. Park) in Lahug, Cebu City.
What makes the Cebu Marathon unique from many races around the world is The Sinulog, one of Asia’s biggest and grandest of festivals. The Cebu Marathon is held exactly seven days prior to the Sinulog – thus the festive, colorful and loud mardi-gras-type of marathon.
- 42K: P1,400
- 21K: P900
- 5K: P600
Late registration fees (from December 9 to 15, 2012):
- 42K: P1,800
- 21K: P1,200
- 5K: P800
REGISTRATION. There are two ways to register:
- ONLINE. Faster. You get outright confirmation. No mistakes with your detailed information. The online registration is open beginning October 20 until December 16, 2012.
NOTE: YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION MESSAGE OF YOUR REGISTRATION ENTRY WITHIN 24 HOURS. IF NOT PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL : email@example.com AND WE WILL SEND IT RIGHT AWAY. IT WILL HELP ALSO IF YOU CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
- ON-SITE. The only on-site registration booth will be at the Active Zone of the Ayala Center Cebu. The on-site booth will be available from November 13 until December 16, 2012. Participants may register and pay directly at the booth during this period.For out-of-town participants, the Online Facility found in this website is the preferred option. For Cebu residents, one may choose from either the Online or On-site options.
- Race Packs: Race packs, containing the New Balance running shirt, number bib and the Timing Chip may be claimed from January 9 to 11, 2013 at the Active Zone of Ayala Center Cebu. Special arrangements allowed only for out-of-town runners who can claim until January 12, 2013.
- Marathon Expo: For tips, gear and everything about running, visit the Marathon Expo from January 9 to 12, 2013 at the Active Zone, Ayala Center Cebu.
Carbo-Loading Party Date: January 11, 2013 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
Venue: The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu.
- Timing Chip: All runners will be given a Timing Chip, a mini transponder that runners will attach to their bibs. Water-resistant, it will record the time of the runner from start to finish to some points along the route. The results will be posted within 24 hours. All runners, including those joining the 5K, will be given the Timing Chip.
- Finish and Medal: Participants will start and finish at the Cebu I.T. Park (formerly Asiatown I.T. Park) in Lahug, Cebu City. Only the 42K runners will receive a finisher’s medal. After crossing the finish line, runners must proceed to stage area to give way to the others. Refreshments are available for all runners at the finish line. Massage therapists will be at hand to assist 21K and 42K runners.
- Race Day: Program Runners will enjoy a festive atmosphere during race day with games, rafﬂe with grand prizes and entertainers from start to ﬁnish.
- Bag Drop: Runners may deposit their bags at the Bag Counter located in the Start/Finish area.
- First Aid and Water Stations: There will be ﬁrst aid stations as well as water stations along the route. Water stations are located every 1.5 kms.
- Road Closure:For the safety of the runners, most of the race route will be closed to trafﬁc. The South Road Properties (SRP) will be completely closed; and for the rest of the route, half of the entire road will be cordoned oﬀ so that runners will experience vehicle-free running. Roads will open to full trafﬁc at 9:30am or 5 /12 hours after the 42K start. After 9:30 am, runners may continue with the assistance of trafﬁc enforcers and marshalls.